My First Pilates Lesson
Many people are curious what their first Pilates lesson will be like so we have constructed some questions that will help you to know what to expect. As always, please feel free to contact us with any questions that you may have that are not listed below. We look forward to giving you your first Pilates lesson!
What should I wear?
- You should wear modest clothing that you are comfortable moving in. With that being said, we don’t recommend loose, open shorts as they tend to fly open when you are lying on your back with the legs in the air. If men would like to wear basketball shorts, we require them to wear boxer briefs underneath (no boxers please). You may exercise in either your bare feet or stocking feet.
How do I schedule a lesson?
- You may contact the studio in a variety of ways – you may fill out the information to the right, click the “Get Started” button at the top of the page, email us at email@example.com, or call us at (602) 750-5799. We look forward to meeting you!
What will happen during the lesson?
- The instructor will discuss the paperwork that you filled out and have you explain any conditions that you have. Your instructor will discuss and guide you through the breathing and finding your Core connection. They will then take you through a workout on the Pilates equipment. All exercises will be customized to your needs whether that means making it easier or harder. It is helpful to the process for you to tell your instructor when something hurts, is too easy or too hard. The more feedback we get, the better we can customize your workout and the more connected to your body you’ll become. The goal is for you to experience a wide variety of exercises on the equipment and for you to be familiar with the Pilates vocabulary, both in your mind and your body. That way, if you choose to enter into a class or take the iPilates™, you will see faster results and be able to more thoroughly enjoy your sessions.
Will I get individual attention?
- At Personalized Pilates, our name says it all. Your instructor will tailor your lesson to your needs regardless of whether you are taking a private or a class. While some studios offer large equipment classes, we are committed to small classes of a maximum of 3 people because we believe that the individual attention assists our clients in achieving their goals quicker and safer.
How can I pay?
- We accept Visa, Mastercard and Amex as well as personal checks and cash.
How will I feel after my first Pilates class?
- Usually people feel invigorated after their first Pilates class. In order to build strength, one should feel work (not pain) at the time of the exercise but not afterwards. Soreness is actually a sign of injury and should only occur when a muscle is worked that is not used to working. So as long as you are feeling the work during the workout you will get the results without having to be sore!
When can I expect to see results?
- Joseph Pilates himself said, “You’ll feel better in 10 sessions, look better in 20 sessions, and have a completely new body in 30 sessions”. You will experience this change as long as you are committed to your practice and are consistent. If you train once a week, and that is your only physical activity, it’s going to take longer than if you train 2-3 times a week.