Pilates Apparatus Training Program – Chair, Cadillac/Tower, Barrels and Small Apparatus
Balanced Body Pilates Apparatus Training completes the full Pilates instructor training program. Included is the complete repertoire on the Trapeze Table/Cadillac/Tower, the Pilates Chair, the Barrels and Small Apparatus. Completing the additional apparatus training gives you a great variety of tools to use when working with clients and, in conjunction with the Mat and Reformer modules, qualifies you to take the national PMA Pilates certification exam.
Cadillac/Trapeze Table/Tower (18 hour)
The BB Trapeze Table/Cadillac training provides a thorough introduction to Trapeze Table exercises as well as applications for beginning, intermediate and advanced clients. This training is appropriate for students working with the Allegro Tower of Power, Half Trapeze and Wall Unit as well as those working with full Trapeze Tables. Sequencing programs using multiple pieces of equipment are covered as well as equipment set up, safety and maintenance.
Pilates Chair (12 hours)
The BB Pilates Chair training includes exercises and variations for the original Wunda chair, EXO Chair and the split pedal Combo chair. The chair is great for doing strengthening work with athletic clients and as an addition to group programming. This course includes exercises and programming for both personal training sessions and classes.
Pilates Barrels & Small Apparatus (6 hours)*
The BB Barrels training includes exercises and variations for the Ladder Barrel, Step Barrel, Arc Barrel, Ped o Pul, Magic Circle, Foot Corrector, Toe Corrector and much more! The Step Barrel and Ladder Barrel add variety to personal training sessions or classes, the Magic Circle adds a challenge to wide variety of exercises and the other small apparatus are useful for working with clients with particular issues.
* Personalized Pilates adds 2 hours (total of 8 hours) to their Barrels and Small Apparatus module because the Arm Chair is additionally included.
To become a fully qualified Balanced Body Pilates Instructor, students must complete the following requirements:
- Anatomy* (Anatomy in 3D or college level course required)
- BB Mat Instructor training
- BB Reformer Instructor training
- BB Cadillac/Tower- Course work, written and practical test (18 hours)
- BB Chair- Course work, written and practical test (14 hours)
- BB Barrels and Small Apparatus- Course work, written and practical test (6 hours)
- 35 Personal sessions, 20 observations hours and 95 teaching hours
- BB Full Test Out
*may be taken before, during or after other modules